Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Using The Blender



Okay, I know this is not the best picture to upload onto my blog, but, this picture is concrete proof that I made eggnog.
That's right, eggnog, the supposedly nice drink that people drink on Christmas Eve/Christmas Night. :)

Well, this isn't the traditional eggnog that you would have for Christmas, because it's non-alcoholic. And if you Google eggnog recipes you'll find that eggnogs always have a bit of whiskey/brandy/rum in them. And since I don't really have any whiskey/brandy/rum in my house (maybe I do, but even if I do I don't know about it), and the eggnog making was really a last minute decision (just hours before guests came for Christmas Eve Dinner), I just googled a non-alcoholic recipe on eggnogs and made it.

Honestly, making eggnog is probably the easiest drink ever to make. You just take all the ingredients (raw eggs, sugar, vanilla, ground nutmeg etc.), throw them into a blender, blend the ingredients and put it in the chiller to chill until the guests arrive.
It doesn't taste that bad, you know, with the blended raw eggs and everything- it actually tastes pretty good. AND it's rather filling. I had half a cup and I was full beyond anything (but maybe that was because I was still bloated from a good dinner).

So yeah. That was my eggnog making experience. Next year I'm going to try it with some alcohol. :)
MERRY CHRISTMAS! :D

No comments: