Pages

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Red & Sweet

What can I say? I'm a sucker for these romance stories. :)
I've been thinking about this movie for the whole day, haha.

Considering the fact that Ais Kacang Puppy Love is a Malaysian movie, I wonder how many people have doubts about this movie. I'm proud to say that I'm not/wasn't one of them. ;D
I absolutely love this movie. There were some parts that got me laughing, and some that got me reaching for the tissue in my bag so that I could wipe the tears off my eyes that were clouding my view.
I think plenty people can relate to this movie like how people can relate to Taylor Swift's songs. I promise you this movie is just as heart warming as I Not Stupid and I Not Stupid Too, probably better.

I like how the movie shows the friendships of the kids who grew up together, the hardships that they go through, the romance that they face. I really love the scenes in the movie, the clean river, the little bridge that they sit and lie on chatting absent-mindedly away, how they sit at the cafe and eat ais kacang together as kids, the gambling, the betting, the Hokkien-speaking, the bullying, everything. :)
Aah such a lovely movie. And what an ending to that movie.

Do not doubt this movie just because it's a Malaysian-made movie. We've got talent here just like anywhere else! :)

No comments: