Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Holiday Chores

I guess the holidays aren't as bad as I thought they would be.
Sure, I spent the first whoknowshowmanydays sitting in front of the computer every day downloading movies while everyone else is off on vacation.

Honestly speaking, I didn't think I would be able to go out at all this holiday, based on the fact that my parents are holidaying Europe (Italy, Paris and Amsterdam) for about 2 weeks (they left one day after school holiday started and will be coming back one day before school semester starts). Therefore any outings will require finding of own transport.
Why didn't my parents bring my sister and I along, you ask?
Well, they reckoned that we should stay home and study for the exams since the school exams were originally planned to have a 2 week torturous holiday break in between. Furthermore, it was a friends-only trip: a chance for my parents to spend a crazy holiday with their friends ("crazy" will only go as far as shopping, reminiscing the old university days and numerous laughter I suppose) before they get too old or bones too stiff to travel abroad.
So yes, this is not reckless abandonment as my parents have invited my aunt from Melaka to take care of us for the holidays.

And so far I've gone out to a birthday party, will be going out tomorrow for a movie and I've found out that my aunt actually does not mind me taking public transport (YES!), unlike my parents.
This is a really good/really bad thing. This means that I can walk to the LRT station which is about 15 minutes from my house and take a shuttle bus/cab/LRT to OneUtama, TheCurve, KLCC or Tropicana City at free will but also increase the risk of kidnapping on the way to one of the destinations stated above because I will most probably be going alone. My sister and I have this agreement that if one of us is going out, the other would have to stay at home to accompany my aunt, thus no sister-shopping for us this holiday. :(
So as an obedient daughter, I will try not to take public transport if I can help it. :)

Anyway, time to watch some more movies and turn in early later.
:)

No comments: