Pages

Friday, May 9, 2008

According to Wikipedia

I think I'm suffering from Amnesia. I think I really am.
I get these blogging inspirations from school and when I reach home I completely forgot what I wanted to share.
Darnit.

Amnesia (from Greek Ἀμνησία) is a condition in which memory is disturbed. The causes of amnesia are organic or functional. In simple terms it is the loss of memory. Organic causes include damage to the brain, through trauma or disease, or use of certain (generally sedative) drugs. Functional causes are psychological factors, such as defense mechanisms. Hysterical post-traumatic amnesia is an example of this. Amnesia may also be spontaneous, in the case of transient global amnesia. This global type of amnesia is more common in middle-aged to elderly people, particularly males, and usually lasts less than 24 hours.


Argh. I'm aging early. I don't see white strands of hair on my head though. Whatever.

Another effect of amnesia is the inability to imagine the future. A recent study published online in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences shows that amnesiacs with damaged hippocampus cannot imagine the future. This is because when a normal human being imagines the future, they use their past experiences to construct a possible scenario. For example, a person who would try to imagine what would happen at a party that would occur in the near future would use their past experience at parties to help construct the event in the future.


Oh. I can DEFINITELY imagine my future. I even think of the impossibilities.
I think my forgetfulness may have been a disease from SOMEBODY, or perhaps just school pressure and most importantly, PMR stress.
For God's sake, I even have a daily schedule to keep me studying, walking my dog, talking to my rabbit (I don't want him to die of loneliness) practicing my guitar and exercising DAILY.
I even managed to fit "practicing guitar" twice on Saturday!

No, its not amnesia.
I think I may have just gone nuts.

I was confused.
But now I'm back up on my feet.
I realized I should've never doubted.
I still love you.

No comments: