Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Country Carps

Well, after the business training today, my mom took me and my sis down to KLCC to meet my dad who was going to buy my mom her birthday dinner.

When we stepped into the LRT there was completely no space to sit so we stood. And we didn't mind standing because it was just a less-than-half-an-hour wait to the KLCC stop.
But little did we know that that less-than-half-an-hour stand could last to a full hour.

Lets see. It all started when the LRT door wouldn't close and got stuck open for about 7 minutes in the Abdullah Hukum stop. And then it happened all the way to Pasar Seni, where in the middle of the Bangsa stop a whole BUNCH of people tried to squeeze in when there is clearly no more space to squeeze.

I couldn't stand it, and neither can my mom and sis so we started asking people to stop pushing us and stop coming in because there is no space. NO SPACE.
I didn't take any pictures but it looks something like this:

This is about the sum of people trying to board the LRT
These are like the people pushing to board the LRT

And I have never seen anything like this before in my whole entire life of boarding LRTs. And there was this lady standing in front of me with this gigantic bag she was caring. She hit my sister a few times and didn't apologize. She stepped on my shoe and knew it (because she looked down and saw that I was trying to free my shoe) and ignored it.
Does it hurt to apologize? Does it even hurt to say 'SORRY?'

And guess what? It wasn't only her. For the whole lot of people boarding the LRT, NONE of those who pushed said sorry. At least, I didn't hear any of them did.


This is something we have to change about our beloved country. And its not going to be so beloved anymore if this continues.




No comments: