Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Breathe In The Fresh Jungle Air


Hello! I am back from Taman Negara, Pahang and it was by far the best nature trip I've ever had. :)
And do you know what's even better? That I didn't meet any leeches or mosquitoes while trekking in the jungle. Nor did I see any tigers or elephants or crocodiles, which I was actually excited to see.
I have loads of photos on both cameras that I brought for the trip that may or may not be uploaded onto Facebook depending on my laziness to filter good/bad pictures.

And here is what I learnt/been through/enjoyed during my trip:

DAY ONE
Drove to Jerantut, Pahang where we were brought to a jetty and taken on three sampans to the wildlife. Reached our resort in the evening and did nothing at all for the rest of the day.

This is the sampan we took. It's more of a, motorsampan I think.

Tried my hardest to study Moral on the 2 and a half hour journey on the sampan but FAILED.

DAY TWO
Got up early in the morning and went for jungle trekking. Altogether we trekked about 7km long in 4 hours. I was surprisingly not so tired. Oh yes, also went for the Taman Negara canopy walk which is proclaimed by the guides as the longest canopy walk in the world. Or Malaysia, I don't remember which.
After lunch, we went for a river rapid ride with the motorsampans and visited an aboriginal village. Like a REAL MALAYSIAN ABORIGINAL VILLAGE.

The jungle scenery looked breathtaking in the morning sunlight. :)

I am a self-proclaimed Jane of the Jungle because I swung on 2 vines and let out a shrill cry both times while I was vine-swinging.

The canopy walk- is the best part of the jungle trekking. It wobbles and shakes and you just lose yourself in there while enjoying the view I tell you.

The river rapid ride. I got splashed from head to toe. EVERY PART of me was soaking WET.

This man is the head of the aboriginal village I think. He makes his own blowpipes (the ones spiked with Ipoh poison that we read about in textbooks) and wears a shiny Rolex watch.

This kid is 11 and he knows how to make fire by frictional force of wood and rotan.

Went back to our resort by means of standing behind a truck. It was so cool.

DAY THREE
Went for a boat tour. The scenery was GORGEOUS. It's like those kind of jungle scenery you see in Cuti-Cuti Malaysia advertisements and postcards. SO SO NICE I TELL YOU.
Landed at a fishing showhouse where they were supposed to show you how to catch these HUGE river fish but the showhouse was closed down already.
After lunch, took a bus back to Jerantut and then drove back home again.

Dad found out that some foreigners were filming this Swedish reality TV show. :D

The whole Taman Negara is filled with this kind of scenery. Everywhere you turn there's this vine hanging down and this big 200 years old tree.

And this is why Taman Negara is so well protected and can be counted as our beloved Country Heritage.

And with this I am going to sign off because I need to sleep. Good night. :)

No comments: