Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Checklist

I have a confession to make: I have never read the Lord of the Rings novels.
And yet the novel collection is what I consider to be one of my favourites. Isn't that funny now? :)
Maybe it's the fact that Tolkien wrote the best set of novels of the century, or maybe it's the movies that made the books look so interesting; but I won't deny that I have never read more than a hundred pages of the the Fellowship of the Ring.
I think my English was still improper and not advanced enough when I first started reading the Fellowship of the Ring, but I still found the book interesting enough for it to put it in my favourite books list. I have no idea if these things happen to other readers, so yeah. Haha. :)

Anyway, I went to watch this movie called Planet 51 yesterday (after failing to buy tickets for 2012), and the movie was actually pretty OK. I mean, despite the fact that there wasn't enough space in between the seats, and I had to slide down a bit in my chair so that I could rest my head on the top of the seat, and there were people munching on popcorn so loudly, and you could hear people whispering and talking (as I've said, there wasn't enough bloody spaces in between the chairs to assure total comfort), and there was this baby wailing all the time and people giving the parents weird looks and I could stretch my legs nicely, yeah, it was a pretty good movie.
But, well, note the fact that I don't rate movies that highly. I enjoy almost every movie that I watch. :)

Anyway, THIS is Planet 51:


It's basically about this astronaut who landed on this alien planet called Planet 51, and all the aliens thought HE was an alien that was here to hijack their planet and control their minds with his super mind controlling powers. But the astronaut, named Chuck Baker, had only one mission, which was to get to his captured spaceship and get back to Earth so that he could join the Nickelodeon's Kids Choice Awards (he was to get slimed). Some teenager inhabitants of Planet 51 believed that Chuck Baker wasn't a complete psycho and decided to help him get to his spaceship, which we know in every cartoon that the mission was achieved and it all ended with a happy ending. :)

So yup, quite a funny movie.
And to top it off, in a totally unrelated matter to the said movie, my mom bought me a new tote bag. :D

No comments: