Pages

Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Little Piece Of Maturity

I've been watching Grey's Anatomy yesterday afternoon (it's back on StarWorld, yes!). And there was this phrase from the ending narrate saying 'we can never fully grow up.' or somewhere near that.

Well anyway, that saying is so true. Because I think that there will always be a part of us which will remain as immature as we were when we were 9, no matter how old we get. I mean, any grown man wouldn't even be able to resist the temptation to tease or pull a childish prank on someone sometimes (unless they're those really boring kind of people who miss out this little thing called LIFE). You know, have a little fun. :)

I know for sure that certain events and experiences have taught me to grow up. At the age of 16, I want to be the kind of person who thinks rationally, analyses logically, be practical, responsible, disciplined, trustworthy and other characteristics of the same aspect. However, I do not aim to be boring. I still enjoy planning April Fool pranks, take part in silly stupid bets (and losing), dance around my house like an idiot, etc.

My point is that I've grown up. As in, I wasn't the irrational, stupid and overly-playful little girl who often gets herself into a telling-off by her mum and fights/argues with her sister almost everyday. Well, I obviously have not achieved everything that I wish to achieve at 16, but at this stage I will say that it's close enough. :)

P/S: I have new spectacles! Aha aha aha!

No comments: