Pages

Sunday, November 23, 2008

If You Like Prawns Don't Read This

I mean, I know a lot of people probably know this already, but I certainly didn't until today.
Right before steamboating prawns, they don't really kill the prawns completely. IT'S RAW AND ALIVE. ALIVE!

I was having steamboat for dinner, and this staff from the restaurant was helping us put the prawns into the steamboat pot, when I swear I saw one of the prawns' legs move. IT FRIGGIN' MOVED!

Oh oh, and when the raw prawns were finally in the pot, and the cover was closed and the water started boiling, one the prawns started splattering its tail around, and that caused water to splash all over the inner pot cover.
And then when I told my dad he said it was just the effect of the boiling water over the prawns. The bubbles of the water caused the prawn to jump about. But I knew better! My niece, Andrea saw it. RIGHT? RIGHT?

And to prove my point, when the table behind our table got their prawns in their steamboat pot, they cried "Ah, it's alive!" and laughed.
I tell you, I didn't dare touch my prawn after that and I felt so nauseous. My uncle had to peel the prawn for me and I ate it, slowly. With a lot of soya sauce. I only ate ONE prawn. The rest of my dinner was filled with sate (more, more sate) and lumpy crabsticks and quail's egg.

Plus, the restaurant had this little pond of fishes near the entrance, and they provide you with buckets and fish nets to catch the little fishes. But you'd have to put the fishes back in the pond after you've caught them of course. It's just for a little entertainment.
So, Andrea, Chel and I went to the fish pond a couple of times to try to get some fish. But the fishes outsmarted us. They swim SO FAST! I promised myself I would catch one fish with that broken fish net if that was the last thing I would do, but those stupid, puny little fishes are sooo...FAST.
Darn, darn those fishes!

No comments: