Pages

Monday, December 22, 2008

A Wonderful Journey To And Fro

Oh, it's so good to be home.
And for once my lips didn't swell on the way back on the plane (it usually does, and it's very annoying and painful) and look like as if I've put on permanent lipstick.

Anyway, Surabaya was absolutely stunning. Everything there was, well, beautiful in it's own nature.
Here're the things that I endured/enjoyed going to, during and coming back in my holiday to Indonesia:

#1. The Coldness Of The Mountain Tops
OMG. On the 2nd day of my travel, we woke up at 3am (4am Malaysian Time) and drove up a view point on a mountaintop to view the sunrise. And it was 5 degrees Celcius, and your breath comes out in smoke. Your face feels like it's frozen and you can't help but shield your nose and mouth with your scarf and look ugly in the pictures taken.

#2. Riding On A Horse Up A Volcano
THAT was fun. Really really fun. It was a great experience. But my knees were sore from grabbing on to the saddle too hard (I read it from Narnia that it was a good way to keep you from falling off your horse) as we were going uphill.
And on the journey back we got to rode the horses ourselves, with permission from the owner. I now know how to guide the horse in different directions, move the horse and stop the horse. And I am proud of it. :D

#3. Having Loads Of Fun With My Friends
We all became poker card addicts, from playing with the cards for too long. We played in the bus (the journey from one place to another was really long sometimes), we played in the hotel rooms, and we used a upturned rubbish bin as a table top to put the cards while playing in the bus.
Plus, well, we talked and laughed a lot and went shopping together. And I've never laughed like that with my friends for a very long time. So it was REALLY REALLY fun.

#4. Staying In Crappy Hotel Rooms
The first night, we had spiders and cockcroaches and bugs in our room. And I screamed (naturally). And the rooms were really dark and romantic-looking, so we had trouble differentiating the blue and green colour UNO cards.
The second day, my room was the worse. It had old furnitures and an old, scary looking wardrobe and a chair that had a black hole in it. At first I thought it was a bug, but no (oh thank god). We went down to the Karaoke Pub with our parents and ended up in one of the hotel rooms talking about pregnancy and abortion.
The third night was the best. Everything was lovely. Us girls had a door in between our two rooms (just right next to each other) that allowed us to walk from room to room. We left the door open at night, and it felt like we were living in a suite or something. :D

#5. Indonesian Food
It was a bit different from our Malaysian food, but it was good.
We had, erm, a Surabaya soup which forgot its name. And we also saw this "Sop Buntut" which meant "Buttock Soup" just in case you don't understand. But we didn't try that, of course.

#6. The Turbulence Of The Airplane On The Way Back To Malaysia
AHHH! It was such a shaky journey. If I wasn't wearing my anti-nausea wristband I would definitely be puking all over the plane. But I drank a lot of water (to keep my lips moist) so I had to go to the bathroom several times, even before the plane took off and right after the plane landed.
The journey back felt like sitting on a jeep up a rocky mountain, only worse, because AirAsia has small squeezy seats and not much place to allow you to stretch your legs. :(

No comments: