Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

NINE.

\

So yes- NINE.
After watching the movie I wasn't really disappointed by the movie, because I had no expectations as to what the movie was going to be about in the first place. I rate it 5.5/10.

Anyway, NINE is pretty much a story about life and seduction. It's a story about a famous movie director Guido Contini who is a little confused and lost in his life. Surrounded by fame, ladies, the pressure of directing a good movie (his ninth movie) and flashbacks about the women in his life, he eventually loses his grip in the movie-making business, fails to even start directing his ninth movie, loses his wife and spends the next 2 years of his life wandering about aimlessly. Soon after, he gets a hold of his life and starts making movies again. TheEnd.

The thing about this musical is- not many people will find it nice. I for one found the movie quite boring- the vocals not powerful enough (except maybe for Fergie's) and the songs not to my taste. The story plot behind all the dancing and singing was rather nice though, and I especially liked the ending when Guido Contini starts making movies again. My favourite flashback of Guido Contini's childhood was definitely about Saraghina, the gyspy (played by Fergie). Her song in the movie was so far the best too (nice vocals).


My favourite musical is definitely still Annie. Yay to the little red-headed, optimistic, littlemisssunshine orphan. :)

No comments: