Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Why Is A Raven Like A Writing Desk?


JOHNNY DEPP as The Mad Hatter is why we should watch Alice In Wonderland. :D
I love him. I love his eccentric red hair, his bright green eyes and that lovely Scottish accent he faked so well. Not to mention that colourful artistic bow he's wearing and the fact that he riddled "Why is a raven like a writing desk?" to Alice a couple of times. Oh, and his tea party. His crazy, kooky tea party.
And who knew that there're that many types of hats in the world? ;)

Second loved was definitely the Red Queen. Her enlarged head, her request for her pig and her squawk for demands to be fulfilled. She was funnier than the White Queen anyway. I think they chose the wrong person to play the White Queen. I mean, okay, Anne Hathaway is graceful but not graceful in a Barbie-princess kind of way, more like the Mia in The Princess Diaries kind of way. So yeah, couldn't really stand her in the movie.

You know, I completely forgot about Allan Rickman being in the movie! He was so unrecognisable without his curtain of greasy hair and his Severus Snape accent. He was much better as Severus Snape than whoever he was playing in the movie. Meh.

Disappointment in the movie: the Mad Hatter's Futterwacken. All the characters in the movie were talking about how the Mad Hatter could Futterwacken so wonderfully, and what came out was something like a mixture of breakdancing and body parts twisting. Or maybe that's how the Futterwacken really looks like. I haven't read the book, so I wouldn't know. But I was hoping for something like a crazy Irish leprechaun dance.

Fine, I shall read the book. One day. Who knows, they might've done everything correctly in the movie only to have audiences like me (who hasn't read the book) criticize it.
One thing though: the cartoon was better. :)

No comments: