Pages

Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Japanese Experience

Let's make this simple and sweet without having to look for bombastic words to describe it: I went to Bon Odori 2008 on Saturday (12th June 2008) with Mel, Pei and a few hundred people from CHS.

I arrived at school at about 4.35pm and waited for AN HOUR (yes, an hour!) for the school bus to arrive to fetch us to Stadium Matsushita, Shah Alam for the Bon Odori (Japanese Ghost Festival to those who don't know)
Here's the interesting fact: There's a memorial park built behind the stadium. Mwahahahaha.

It took us long enough to get all the sushi to eat and then we found a lovely spot to sit down to have our dinner. And then we chatted, until my family came and I rushed off to the main entrance to greet them, neglecting poor Mel and (especially) Pei until they all settled down and Mel brought me my RM5 green tea ice cream, which I found out later that Pei added fruit punch juice into the ice-cream (now come to think of it, that's why it melted so quickly!)

Octopus. And they still have their tentacles on them. And Pei and Mel ate them.

Beard Papa's Cream Puffs. They're creamy. =)

I want a kimono, and I will get one when I have enough money.

Oh, this is just to show you how many people were at the stadium for Bon Odori.

A nicely photographed weed by Rachel.
Mel was trying to make my cellphone touchscreen work. Sorry, Mel, it was already spoiled.

Sorry Pei, the touchscreen doesn't work.

A glowing devil. (that's the 70 bucks blouse)

Look at our ears horns. It's RM10 for a pair and you can always change the battery when it goes dead.

See all those little girls wearing kimonos up there? Yep, that's the boxing ring they dance in and the crowd follows their movements.


Ooh, and then we danced along to the Japanese Traditional Dances until the ceremony ended and my feet were sore. Which we then later had Hokkien mee for supper (my parents love Hokkien mee) and then I went home and taught Pei piano and guitar until her parents came along to fetch her home.

I hope Youtube can work. I've got my Ugly Betty season 2 to watch. =)

No comments: