Pages

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Abilities and Choices

Oh! What a weekend I tell you! I am exhausted. But in a good way. :)

Went to the Bon Odori festival on Saturday in a stadium filled with about a gazillion sweaty people, sushi stalls and sand dust.
We did just about what everyone else did during Bon Odori. Ate sushi (was really really full), danced to the Japanese traditional music (accompanied by drum beating, really cool), bought a 5 buck balloon that me and Carmen thought was filled with helium (the helium ones were long sold out!) and got lost on the way back to the school bus.
Will upload the pictures onto my blog. Someday.

Next, I went to watch HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF-BLOOD PRINCE on Sunday.
Aha! I am so pleased and satisfied with this movie. It is SO MUCH BETTER than the 4th and 5th Harry Potter movie, and I shall now give my full review on the movie:

I rate it an 8/10, with the rest of the 2 points with room for improvement. Movie watchers should bear in mind and consider the fact that the film crew squeezed a 600 page novel into a 2 hour and 40 minutes movie (which is obviously not easy to do), so I guess detailed details can be spared.
And I think that this movie (and all Harry Potter movies actually, except the first and second movie) are more for Harry Potter fans who actually know what the story plot is about, because if not I think the movie will be quite a confusing lump of battles, darkness and romance (oooh!). So, I recommend you to umm, read the book before watching the movie; but after reading the book don't judge the whole movie fully-based on the book lah. If you know what I mean. :)

Well, this is all coming from a Harry Potter fan (ME!), so everybody's point of view for the movie would obviously be different.
Anyway, just...GO WATCH IT. :D

No comments: