Pages

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Elvis Presley, King of Rock

Okay okay, remember how I said I was going to take pictures yesterday?
Well I did! Ta-dah!
There was a huge traffic jam on the way to Genting yesterday (thank god I wore my anti-nausea wristbands) and then after that my dad made a few wrong turns before we arrived at the Arena Of Stars.


So we made it about half an hour late for the championships, but that didn't matter, because it was still nice to watch anyway. They have a few categories, like Professional Modern, Amateur Modern, Professional Latin and Amateur Latin and Under 12 and Under 16 and so on.

For the Professional Modern (I have no idea why they called it modern, or maybe I heard wrong or something), they have the Tango, the Slow Fox Trot, the Viennese Waltz and the Quickstep (my personal favourite. Go check out what it is).
Oh oh, and most of the ang-mos here look really hot with their long-tail tux. :)



The Latin dances were nicer. All the dancers were dancing with such aggresion (the good kind) and passion. The guys look a bit gay, with all the butt shaking and hip moving, but they were good!
Ah yes, there was the Cha-Cha, Rhumba (really seducive dance moves for the ladies), Samba, Paso Doble (Spanish Bull Fighter Dance or something like that), and the Jive (they have an Elvis kind of music to it).





Then there was the under 12, and all dancers consisted of children under 12 years old. My favourite would be the couple wearing fluorescent green. They're both REALLY good.


And then there was the Under 16, and there were 3 Malaysian teams in the finals I think. :)





But I didn't finish watching the WHOLE show, because it was getting late and my parents had work to do tomorrow. So we went for supper, and my wan-tan-mee wasn't at all yummy.

It looks good but it isn't.

And that proves that I was in Genting. :)

My purple heart-shaped ring I bought in Vincci. :)

The restaurant was really empty. It was like, 11pm I think.

Oh and there were these dancing life size bears. Really weird.
All in total, I enjoyed my night. :)

No comments: