Pages

Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Good Blue Book

I bought 4 classics from Popular on Friday. Yep, 4 classics namely: Sense and Sensibility, Pride and Prejudice (both by Jane Austen, who is a really awesome writer by the way), A Tale of Two Cities (the original version I think, by Charles Dickens) and Jane Eyre (by Charlotte Bronte).

Finally, I can do some real reading. Not that all the books I've been reading before are fake reading or anything, it's just that I can finally get my hands on some really good classics.
Oh and I've decided to read Sense and Sensibility and present it as my book report in school. I've started, just so you know, and the English is really different from what we're learning nowadays. There're no bombastic words or anything, so the language is really simple, it's just the structure of sentences that makes it a little different to read. :)
But other than that it is a very appealing book. To me anyway.

Oh yes, and there's this missing dog near my house.
His name is Arjun, 10 years old, and he's been missing for 2 months now. He's been sighted quite a lot of times, but his owners can never seem to find him. Yesterday I think it was he who came to my gate sniffing at my dog, but afterwards he ran off. And my mom got this flyer about Arjun this morning and called the owners, and they had a really long chat.
They love their dog very very much, so if you see Arjun, give them a call or something.
Oh yes, and go to their website. www.HelpArjun.com

No comments: