Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Cool Things That I've Discovered :D

I have found the 8th Wonder of the World. :D
Okay well, I didn't actually find it, more like rediscovered it. :)
SKYPE.
Skype, is a programme designed for you to be able to have conversations on-line through the microphone (webcam or no webcam), designed for you to be able to have emergency midnight meetings with your fellow club members, designed to um, eavesdrop on the background voices of the people you are chatting with, etc. :)
I know MSN has the same thing as well, but no one voice-chats through MSN. Skype is so much cooler for voice-chatting. Don't ask me why, it just is. 

Okay I felt like I was crapping. But whatever. Just use Skype and you'll be able to see the power of it's um, coolness. :)

Okay, the second cool thing that I've discovered lately (through this TV series called Shark) is that there's this job called a hostage negotiator. By the name you can obviously guess that the job of this hostage negotiator is to well, negotiate hostages. Say for example, some people are being held hostage in this bank by a robber armed with a gun. Then a hostage negotiator will be called and will try to meet with the demands of the robber to get the hostages out safely while working with the police to find a way to corner the robber.
Awesome, right? How come we've never heard of these cool jobs in Malaysia?

And the third thing that I find really cool is forensic psychology. Seriously, this is a job that combines psychology with a bit of law. If I'm not wrong, forensic psychologists have to go to court to testify stuff sometimes, and also have to deal with prisoners and crime-doers to analyse them and figure out what-in-the-world is the matter with them. One of the very big risks of taking up this job is that you might get hit or injured while facing prisoners and/or you might accidentally get killed during a prison riot or something like that. But other than that, you're helping to do some justice in the world. Isn't that cool?

So, yeah. The cool things that I've discovered. I remember there's more on my list but that's what I have for now. :D

No comments: