Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

No Greater Love


This is my second post of the day. I'm getting my super-blogging mojo back. :)

So, late yesterday night I decided to watch The Notebook. And so I did. And it was GREAT.
I really loved the connection between Allie and Noah, I loved how they fell madly in love with each other when they were just teenagers and I absolutely loved how they spent their summer romance. She wasn't ashamed that he was just a Southern country boy and she was a city girl; he thought she was the most beautiful girl he had ever lay eyes on and his spontaneous activities with her just made them fall more crazily in love with one another.

And though they had to part suddenly after the summer was over, he wrote her 365 letters, one for each day of the year. She never received them, but she still waited for him for 7 years. He went crazy and frustrated when he didn't receive any replies for the letters he sent, and started working like mad to fix up the dream house he owned, and he fixed it up to be exactly like how she wanted her dream house to be. And so, when they finally met years later, they got back together, because the chemistry between them had always been there since they met as teenagers over the summer. He loved her for all his life and always thought about her and she yearned to be with him. And they stayed together for the rest of their lives.

This movie made me think about a lot of things, like whether true love can last as long as it is expected to, or whether these things just happen in movies and not in real life.
Anyway, The Notebook: :)

No comments: